Conservation of Oil Painting at St. John’s Church, Kolkata
In collaboration with the Max Mueller Bhavan, Kolkata, INTACH Art Conservation Centre, Kolkata restored the replica of the masterpiece titled “The Last Supper”, recreated by famous German Painter ‘Johann Zoffany’ who is one of the founding artists of the British School of the 18th Century, at St. John’s Church, the first British Built Anglican Church in Kolkata. The painting is 10 ft X 12 ft was done in 1787, the signature and the thumb impression along with the date is present at the right lower portion of the painting. The painting was gifted by the painter to the church at the time of its consecration in 1787.
The conservation team was headed by Ms. Renate Kant, a German Art Restorer based in Singapore. The work was started at the first week of February 2010 and was unveiled on 4th July 2010. Conservators Mr. Subash Baral, Mrs. Mousumi Bhattacharya, Ms. Antara Basak, Ms. Papia Saha and Mr. Arindam Debnath from INTACH Art Conservation Centre Kolkata were members of the conservation team.
Documentation work at residence of Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose
A Project for the Inventorisation, Documentation and Condition assessment of the objects like oil painting, fresco paintings, photographs, books, journals, textiles, stone sculptures, wooden objects, scientific equipments, slides, etc. at Acharya Bhavan, residence of Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose, 93 A.P.C. Road, Kolkata- 700 009 , proposed to be converted into a Science Heritage Museum by the Sir J. C. Bose Trust was completed by the Kolkata Centre.