About ICI Lucknow
A unit of INTACH, first conservation laboratory was established at Lucknow in 1985 with the efforts of Padmashri Dr.O.P.Agrawal who was then working as the Founder Director of the National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property (NRLC). Uttar Pradesh is famous for Mughal, British architecture and historical aspects which ICI has revived through conservation projects like – U.P. Government projects of Nagar Nigam, College of arts & crafts, Tagore Library, Lucknow University, Vidhan Bhawan, Ram Katha Sanghrahalya, Ayodhya, Jhansi Museum, Trusts like Hussainabad, various army units and private collectors.
Institute has trained and experienced conservators along with dedicated staff members and a well equipped Conservation Laboratory, carrying out conservation of all types of heritage objects like manuscripts, paintings, lithographs, archival materials including photographs, textiles, murals, ethnological objects, animal skins, stone, metal etc. The laboratory also works to develop new treatment methods and conduct workshops and training programmes time to time. Its objective is not to return objects to their original appearance, but to strive to preserve what remains of the original in a coherent way for future generations. Institution has developed the best methodologies for path breaking contributions in the field of conservation science.
Divisions of ICI, Lucknow
• Research and Analysis Division.
• Conservation Division – Paper, Painting, Metal, Wood, Textile, Stone, Leather and Animal skin, Ivory, Bone.
• Manuscript and Archival Division.
• Photo Division.
• Conservation Laboratory.
• Wall Painting Documentation.
• Lime Testing Unit.
INTACH Conservation Institute,
B-42, Nirala Nagar, Lucknow-226020
Tel: 0522-2787159; 2789948; 4021617. Fax: 2787159.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
• Mr.D.N.Srivastava, Sr.Conservator.
• Ms.Vasudha Pande, Sr.Conservator.
• Mr.Ashutosh Bajpai, Conservator.
• Mr.Gopal, Restorer.
• Mr.Vinod Kumar Tiwari, Restorer.
• Mr.Suresh Singh, Restorer.
Lime Testing Unit
• Mr.Ashok Kumar Pandey, Sr.Conservator.
• Mr.Pankaj Pandey, Asstt.Conservator.
Manuscript Conservation Centre(NMM)
• Mr.Sanjiv Trivedi, Asstt.Conservator.
• Mr.Sanjay Pandey, Restorer.
• Ms.Neeta Khulbe, Office Assistant.
• Mr.Sunil Kumar Gupta, Accountant.
Monday – Friday
9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.