ICI, Lucknow provides a variety of conservation and preservation services to Army Units, Government Sectors, Non-Government organizations, individuals and corporate clients.
The study of objects while they are being conserved contributes to a better understanding of the collections and the mechanisms by which they deteriorate. This information is important to the development of new conservation techniques and allows advice to be given on the best conditions for the display and storage of objects to prevent further decay. The treatment chosen for any artifact or collection should be the outcome of communication between a conservator and the client or custodian after the conservator has examined the artifact. There are many variations and different levels of treatment, and the conservator may offer alternatives. The procedures ultimately chosen depend on several considerations. During the past, ICI, Lucknow has undertaken various national and international projects since 1986.
• Conservation of Shri Krishna Temple at Patan, Nepal.
• Conservation of paintings on walls, ceilings and doors of Khoo Kongsi temple at Penang, Malaysia.
• Conservation of printed books of Central Library, Govt. of Oman, Muscat.
• Conservation of textiles and paintings of National Museum, Govt. of Sri Lanka, Colombo.
• Conservation of murals at Nagaur fort, Rajasthan,
• Conservation of wall paintings at Raja Parikshit Chhatri, Datia, Chhatra Mahal.
• Conservation of paintings at Bundi fort.
• Conservation of wall paintings at Naithod temple, Angamali, Kerala.
• Conservation of paintings of Krishnapuram Palace, Kayamkulam, Kerala.
• Conservation of wall paintings at Sira temple, Karnataka.
• Conservation of paintings of Kali Mandir, Varanasi.
• Conservation of chhatries at Kusum Van Sarovar, Govardhan.
• Conservation of wall paintings at Haveli Surya Mall Mishran, Bundu, St.Aloysius Chapel, Mangalore and Bethany Convent, Mangalore, Mata Mansa Devi temple, Panchkula, Maratha Palace, Thanjavur, Cathedral of the Holy Name, Mumbai.
• Conservation of wall paintings, stucco panels and sculptures at Brihanmumbai Mahanagar Palace, Mumbai,
• Conservation of mural paintings at Santiniketan, Moti Mahal, Gwalior, transfer of mural work at Dilwara fort palace, Dilwara and Doon School, Dehradun.
• Conservation of false ceiling at Raj Nivas, Ooty, Sheesh Mahal, Faridkot.
• Conservation of painted advertisement from rocks in the hills of Kullu Manali, H.P.
• Conservation of artifacts at Raj Bhavan, Kolkata, wooden facades at Almora, artifacts at Prince of Wales Museum, Mumbai, Portuguese Museum, Cochin, Maharaja Jiwajirao Scindia Museum, Jai Vilas Palace, Hariraj Ji Mahal, Jaisalmer Fort, Jaisalmer, Municipal Art Gallery, Nagar Nigam, Lucknow, Picture Art Gallery, Lucknow, Shri Madan Singh Ji Museum, Bhuj, Vidhan Bhawan, Lucknow,
• Conservation of manuscripts and archival materials of Raj Bhawan, Lucknow, Osians Connoisseurs Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Central Library, Panaji, Goa, Meherjirana Library, Navsari, Sikh heritage, Hazrat Pir Mohammad Shah Library & Research Centre, Ahmedabad, National Archives of India, Jaipur and Bikaner, Maharani Lal Kunwari Post Graduate Library, Balrampur, U.P.
• Conservation of damaged artifacts of College of Arts and Crafts, Tagore Library, Uttar Pradesh Institute of Design and Handicrafts Museum, Lucknow.
Army Unit Projects
• 4 Hodson Horse
• Dogra Regiment Centre, Faizabad
• 3 Cavalry
• 11 GRRC, Lucknow.
• 3 Madras Regiment
• Scinde Horse
• Bogra Officers Mess
• 3 Sikh Regiment
• Deccan Horse
• 4 Raj Rifles
• 8th Light Cavalry
• 4 Horse, WLI, Madras
• Rajput Regimental Centre, Fatehgarh
• 5th Kumaon, Faizabad
• Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
• 1st Guard (2nd Punjab), Roorkee
• 16th Light Cavalry.
• 9 Horse, c/o 56 APO.
• 17 Maratha Light Infantry.
• 5 Rajput, c/o 56 APO.
• 4 Rapid Signal Regiment, Allahabad.